The mission of the Planning and Development Division of the City of Albuquerque Aviation Department is to encourage and promote the development of business opportunities, which ensure the financial capacity of the Albuquerque Airport System, are environmentally responsible, and provide services and amenities that satisfy the needs of the traveling public and the community.
Thank you for your interest in doing business at the Albuquerque International Sunport and Double Eagle II Airport. As the gateway to the City of Albuquerque and the State of New Mexico, the Albuquerque Airport System creates local and regional economic vitality through the development and implementation of various business opportunities and services. Among the opportunities available are Commercial Air Carrier Service, Air Cargo Service, General Aviation Services, Foreign Trade Zone Program, Aviation Center of Excellence (ACE).
Albuquerque International Sunport’s business goals include growing passenger service by providing incentives to increase airline service and competition, and lowering barriers to commencing and marketing passenger service at ABQ. Consistent with these goals, the Sunport will initiate programs to:
- Encourage new entrant and incumbent airlines to offer new, nonstop, scheduled passenger air service through an Airline Competition Incentive Program (ACIP)
- Encourage marketing of new, nonstop, scheduled passenger air service through an Airline Cooperative Marketing Program (ACMP).
The ACIP and ACMP are intended for use either separately or jointly, depending on the circumstances . As a result of increased and better-marketed passenger air service at the Sunport, travelers will gain access to a more extensive travel network, stimulating further economic development for the Sunport.
- Domestic Airline Incentive and Marketing Program
- International Airline Incentive and Marketing Program
- Airline Competition Plan Attachment B
For more information about business opportunities at the Albuquerque International Sunport or Double Eagle II Airport, please contact:
Aviation Development Manager