Double Eagle II Airport
Double Eagle II Airport (AEG) is an active general aviation facility on Albuquerque’s west side. There are approximately 240 based aircraft and 120,000 annual operations comprising training, military, air ambulance, charter, private and corporate flights. The airport sits at an elevation of 5,834 feet above sea level and is located approximately eight miles north of Interstate 40 at the top of Nine Mile Hill on Albuquerque’s West Mesa.
Airport management is provided by the City of Albuquerque, Aviation Department.
p: (505) 244-7888
f: (505) 842-7011
- Runway 4-22 is 7,398 feet in length by 100 feet wide, has full ILS and is equipped with a MALSR on the runway 22 end.
- Runway 17-35 is 5,999 feet in length by 100 feet wide, and has REIL on each end.
- Runway 4 and 17 are equipped with PAPI visual navigational aide.
- Traffic pattern altitude is 6,800 feet mean sea level.
- There are right hand traffic patterns for runways 22 and 35.