ABQ Sunport Taking Proactive Steps to Mitigate Spread of COVID-19
UPDATE: Governor Lujan-Grisham Issues Executive Order for Travelers to Self-Isolate/Quarantine
As of March 27, 2020, State of New Mexico Executive Order 2020-013 directs individuals traveling to New Mexico through an airport to self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days from the date of their entry into the state or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter. Click here to view the full executive order.
We’re Taking Proactive Steps to Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19
Since the early stages of the outbreak overseas, the Albuquerque International Sunport has taken preventative steps and established procedures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 both inside the terminal and into our community.
PLEASE NOTE: Changes and cancellations to flights are frequent and ongoing. Please check directly with your airline for up-to-date info.
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitizing
Our custodial crews have implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures with a focus on high-touchpoint public areas, such as handrails, elevator buttons, water fountains and seating. They have also increased the cleaning schedule of restroom facilities and are paying special attention to ensuring the public hand sanitizer stations are maintained.
NM Dept of Health Station
We remain in close contact with local, state and federal officials, including the New Mexico Department of Health, who has a station setup immediately after passengers exit the gate area (in the meet and Greet area). They are providing the most up-to-date information, additional resources, and recommendations for self-isolation.
- Place small items such as wallets, keys and phones inside bags rather than into bins
- TSA is now allowing up to 12 oz. hand sanitizer in carry-on bags
- TSA is accepting expired state licenses with an expiration date of 3/1/20 or later
Tips for Staying Healthy if Traveling
PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend traveling unless you absolutely have to. If you feel sick, please STAY HOME.
- practice routine, rigorous hand washing
- maintain at least a 6 foot distance from others
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- keep your belongings and environment clean
- cover coughs and sneezes with bent elbow
- check the CDC’s travel health notices for up-to-date info
- If you are picking someone up from the Sunport, meet them at the Arrivals curbside area instead of going inside the terminal
All of the Sunport’s bars and full-service restaurants are temporarily closed following the State’s latest orders. Fast food and pre-packaged take away items are still available and any seating within the food court area has been adjusted to accommodate the 6 foot rule. Click here for a full list of hours and accommodations.