Pet and Animal Policies
The Sunport is a public building and adheres to the City of Albuquerque ordinances pertaining to animals in public areas. It is the responsibility of pet owners to follow these policies and control their animals for the safety of the general public.
- All dogs and/or other animals must be restricted at all times and may not run at large on City property
- Traveling animals, including Emotional Support and Therapy Animals, must be confined to a carrier or leash at all times
- Leashes may not exceed 8 feet
Service Animals are commonly found at the Sunport, and New Mexico State Law finds that “unrestrained animals constitute a danger to qualified service animals and public safety.” The rights of Service Animals and their handlers are supported by the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). It is unlawful for any person to:
- Intentionally interfere with the use of a qualified service animal by harassing or obstructing the handler and/or Service Animal
- Fail or refuse to control an unrestrained animal or to allow an animal to interfere with or obstruct the handler and/or Service Animal