- All baggage and vehicles are subject to search at any time.
- Do not leave bags unattended. They will be confiscated by the Albuquerque Aviation Police and may be destroyed.
- If you notice an unattended item or suspicious activity, report it immediately to airport personnel.
- Liquids and gels must be in containers of 3.4 ounces or less. Place your containers in a single, one-quart zip-top plastic bag
- Remove the plastic bag from your carry-on bag and put it in a screening bin
- Place metal objects, such as coins and keys, in your carry-on bag
- Put laptop computers and other electronic devices in a screening bin
- Remove shoes, jackets and belts and put them in screening bins
Checkpoint Hours of Operation
TSA checkpoint hours of operation are subject to change based on TSA’s discretion. However, the general hours of operation are 4:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
TSA prohibits explosive materials, flammable items, and other hazardous materials in your checked baggage. For more details, check the TSA website
TSA Pre✓™ is designed to enhance and expedite security by placing more focus on pre-screening individuals who volunteer information about themselves prior to flying. Eligible participants include certain frequent flyers invited from participating airlines (Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest, United Airlines and US Airways) as well as members of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Trusted Traveler programs (Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS) who are U.S. citizens and fly on a participating airline. Through the TSA Pre✓™ vetting process, information is embedded in a barcode on your boarding pass. This information alerts TSA agents that you are eligible for expedited screening. Benefits include no longer having to remove:
- Your shoes
- 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag from carry-on
- Laptops from bag
- Light, outerwear/jackets
NOTE: The TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.
- Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States
- Global Entry members are processed by biometric identification in less than five minutes at kiosks in international airports around the country.
Global Entry is intended for frequent international travelers, but there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program. Global Entry members are eligible for TSA Pre✓™ benefits.